Saturday 9 June 2007

MMM air conditioning

Today the last of the people who arrivd with me left. We're all upset...I think i was affect by the leaving least because Im staying in Ghana - I was the only oe in the taxi not in tears (apart from our lovely pet taxi driver who smiled as usual). We took the STC Bus to Accra and I booked into the Paloma hotel. It has airconditioning and nice beds and a decent shower and tiled floors and etc. My aircon is set so cold I will need the large duvet, which will be amazing - I miss sleeping with at least a sheet. Accra is interesting...it doesn't smell as much as cape coast; i don't think theres so many open sewers where I am. But its still not exactly...clean. The internet cafe Im at now is pretty good though. Its a litle more expensive than in Cape, but its got headphones and stuff...although this keyboard does have a couple of stuck keys.

I haven't got much more to say right now...I might go church tomorrow as well as doing some touristy stuff in Acrra, and buying some cheap paperbacks to read...I got through most of the books that had been left in Brenu. I think this is about it for the moment...See you all later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling us all about your travels; and hope you manage to see a bit of Accra while you are there. Enjoy the next bit of your time there and we are really looking forward to seeing you back home and hearing all your news.
Love G & G

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you yesterday and to know you have arrived safely on the next stage.

Love Mum