Saturday 31 March 2007

Messiah

I've just come back from the rehearsal for a performance of the Messiah. My parents sing in a choir and as a recruitment drive they do an all day bash at something like the Messiah - you just come along to the rehearsal (3hrs starting at 11 and finishing at three, with some breaks). It is amazing fun. I always forget how much i enjoy singing in big choirs like this - with my work its kinda hard. I must make sure to take the opertunity at uni (if I have time!)...but if any of you lot get the chance to sing in a large choir, take it! If they don't audition you, then you should fit in without any problem - just about anyone can sing enough to do that. I promise that 90% of normal people will enjoy it too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Messiah" is Handel's most
famous work, written in 1741-2.

When I was a child our church performed it every Easter. Both my parents were in the choir and my Mother was the soloist.
It is a memory burned deeply in the soft tissue of my head, heart, and soul.
Thanks so much Callum.

Mermaid Melanie said...

yea callum blogs!

:hug:

Mississippi Songbird said...

How neat that you all sing in the same choir.So fortunate. You are a blessed young man, but you know that...

**hugs***

Alexandra said...

I LOVE singing the Messiah. But especially And the Glory...and the Hallelujah chorus.

I can't wait to hear all your African adventures, my dear UK son! *hug*

CindyDianne said...

I also love singing in large choirs. Our church did a production called "The Lamb" this year. I didn't participate, but wish I would have. I will next year!

Nice to see you in blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ купить фильмы
для сайта callumbrown.blogspot.com