Monday 2 April 2007

Cars and preparations

Things are continuing to come together slowly. I had a long day at work today - I arrived at 9:30 for a first aid course, which finished at 1:30 and then worked on the floor until 1o. During the day I sorted out what shifts I would be working in the lead up to the trip. Then the right headlight on my car refused to turn on when dipped. I called the AA, who were excellent - they had someone with me within 20mins who ended up soldering the contacts, which sorted the problem. I got away about 10:30, filled up with petrol and came home, and Im not tired at all. I've just checked my emails, and I had several waiting for me. I had emailed the other volunteers going out at the same time as me asking them whether they wanted to meet at the airport, and a couple of them (there are 5 of us) have replied with some more contact details. The other good message was from Aubrey - the guy who runs the project on the UK side. He was pleased to hear from me, and has got some stuff he would like me to take out if possible. Now I just have to work out how to fit in a half-day trip to his office to pick up the stuff. Also I have an updated vaccine record book, back from the GP's, lots of good wishes from various people, and a stinking cold.

Enough rambling now. I really ought to try getting some sleep for a change.

Oh, and Im going on holiday with my family on friday. The holiday will be lovely, Im sure. But it does put the pressure on a little bit.

No comments: