Thursday 26 April 2007

Too close?

Im almost gone now. I took my first anti-malarial pill today (doxycycline). The list of side efects is a little scary, but they mostly relate for using it as an antibiotic in stronger doeses than I'm taking. But they include nausea, vomitting, increased sensitivity to light, and some other stuff. I know I should be OK, but its still a little worrying. Really its just another outlet for nerves about going - I should be great when I get there, but Im aprehensive right now. It combines the 'new job,' 'new place,' 'away from home' and 'new people' fears all in one go. Oh, and add in potential health issues as well.


Apart from that Im pretty excited. Once I'm there I'll sure Ill forget all these fears. I have done the last of my shopping...I think...and I cant wait to get on the plane.

3 comments:

S.A.M. Tanner said...

Just remember Callum-me-lad, drugs are no substitute for the use of Deet and a good malaria net for sleeping.

Prophilaxis is the name of the game!

Have a good time.

Stu

Anonymous said...

Have a blast Callum!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for going (honest), despite what I have said in the past. (That was just me being selfish!) In case I don't hear from you before you go, have a great journey and enjoy yourself. I love you loads and will be here awaiting your return for a great big hug! (and if you are lucky a kiss to go with it!) xxx